Phone (717) 393-2702
Email: info@bridgeacresstable.com

History of Bridge Acres Stables

The house is the original Hunsicker house built in 1836 for Samuel Hunsicker, who lived and owned the mill that sits across the road.

Helen's parents lived in the house for 40 years. Shortly after her parents passed away, Helen and Dave moved in to carry on the tradition of the house. Each year they choose several projects and improvements to keep the farm updated and tidy. The original barn section was built in 1972 with 7 stalls. The second section did not arrive until 1986, and it has added 4 additional stalls, a wash stall, and an office. The third section brought a bathroom, 7 more stalls, and a beautiful indoor arena with a heated viewing lounge.

At this point, we cannot confirm nor deny the rumor that Bridge Acres Stables is being investigated as a potential site for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games (shhh...)